Thread: Best TROPHY trout dam in SA?

Default Best TROPHY trout dam in SA?

Good morning gents,

I have a long weekend next year September, that I have set aside to do a trip in search of 10lb+ trout from a still water! If budget wasn't an issue, and you could go anywhere you wanted (SA only please) where would you go?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Good morning gents,

I have a long weekend next year September, that I have set aside to do a trip in search of 10lb+ trout from a still water! If budget wasn't an issue, and you could go anywhere you wanted (SA only please) where would you go?
    Jamestown/Dordrecht area no doubt.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

East Griqualand region, take your pick from the dams there. Plenty trophy dams in the region, just contact once of the clubs in the area and ask around.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Blog Entries

I agree with Mario, as well as Thrift and maybe some of Alans water in Craddock - you can also look at Katze (Yes I know its not in ZA).

J
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/