Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orange fly line?

Default Orange fly line?

Hi guys
    Looking for a cheapish orange fly line for my greys 3wt 10ft nymphing outfit?
    Cant seem to locate one.

Any ideas?

Hi there

Why orange?

i just really like that colour,its a preference...actually when i was a litie i fished alot with an orange sci ang line,and it brings back good memories

Don't know about the orange, but the Airflo Velocity is a yummy yellow.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

i see rio have a "euro nymph line" on the market but i reckon this line would limit you to just czech nymphing as its not designed for casting.
    If you need to cast the odd dry out there one day,you have a problem.Hence i believe a cheap std line would be better

My girlfriend complained that she couldn't see the line on my spare reel when she casted. I got her one of those explorer lines that's shocking green. Really visible. Don't know if that also comes in orange?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

The euro nymph line should cast just fine. You can also look for a Sage Nymph Line which has a bright orange front section. I think Sage have stopped "making" them but some suppliers still have stock. Only issue is I am not sure you will get it in a 3wt. Most stream fishing for trout will be in clear water so I wouldn't recommend a bright orange line unless you are casting a very long leader.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Remember that most of these 10ft 3wts will cast just a leader so the euro nymph line will work perfectly with them for dry or nymph.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

thanks Darryl

If you don't find an orange one that you like, you could always look for a line that is actually suitable for the application in which you would like to use it and then you can just dye it orange.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast