Thread: Witsand weekend

Default Witsand weekend

Hi Guys.
    I have been invited to go to Witsand for the weekend of 7-9 Nov. It's been YEARS since I was last there. Does anyone know of cheap/affordable accommodation or a person to call with whom we can liaise for a spot to stay. We will be 3 adults and 2 boys aged 13.
    Thanks
    Roland
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi Rols,

I have dealt with Leon Pretorius there in the past. He runs the Rawson in Witsand,but he might be able to point you in a direction, I've dealt with him twice and he was always very helpful.

Leon Pretorius
    079 353 6199
    "I wasn't born a fisherman, but I will damn well die a fisherman" - Anon.

Thanks for that Ulrich
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

Rols I will send you some contact details for a place we always stay there. Walking distance from some fishing spots, nice indoor and outdoor braai area and a lekka view. Can sleep 8 people if needs be and they are reasonable.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Thanks Morne. If you are available you are welcome to join, I only got the heads up today.