Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trout areas in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Was the farm in the Diep ever sold? Can you still fish it? I fell in love that day. Its an amazing stretch of water - and actually quite challenging to fish.
    No, never sold, not the one we fished in any event. My best fish from that trib was 17", and I have seen a couple more that size as well. Probably my fav place to fish on that side of the ridge.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    No, never sold, not the one we fished in any event. My best fish from that trib was 17", and I have seen a couple more that size as well. Probably my fav place to fish on that side of the ridge.
    Oh! Are you talking about the trib we fished? I look at those photos often! Amazing water. I was actually looking over maps of the area last night. There are tons of little slivers of blue that I have never heard of. I will get back there one day!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Oh! Are you talking about the trib we fished? I look at those photos often! Amazing water. I was actually looking over maps of the area last night. There are tons of little slivers of blue that I have never heard of. I will get back there one day!
    Jip, I've spoken to the owner after Gijs and myself got into some trouble the last time, and it's all good to fish it again.

trib4.jpg trib2.jpg trib1.jpg trib3.jpg
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    I am interested in the areas in SA that contain trout streams. I am not interested in your personal secret stream, just the broad areas that contain trout. Ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Western Cape
    Natal
    North Eastern Cape - Rhodes etc
    Eastern Cape - Outeniqua, Oudtshoorn
    Karoo - Somerset East
    Trout triangle - Dullstroom etc
    Limpopo - Haenertsburg
    Anything in the Northern Cape?
    Area with wild trout in a stream, you can add the Klein Karoo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3