Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rhodes Maclear area over December

Rod: The Bokspruit clears very quickly and never really gets that dirty anyway during the rains, so beats like Welgemoed, Knockwarren, Bothwell etc are good options around new years.

Jade: I have a similar mission to you and I reckon I have now fished around 25 of the beats. Just be aware that there are some truly nasty drives/hikes for lower beats like Glass Nevin, Glencoe, Cloverly.

Last year over Christmas and New year, the Bok ran brown for the whole time. Daily thunderstorms in the catchment, rendered it unfishable most of the time. I have to disagree that the Bok clears very quickly when it rains. My experience is that the Bok generally doesn't clear very quickly at all. The best sections to fish after the rains, are upstream from the Town, like the Upper Bell and Kloppershoek spruit. There are some lovely sections up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Circus View Post
    Rod: The Bokspruit clears very quickly and never really gets that dirty anyway during the rains, so beats like Welgemoed, Knockwarren, Bothwell etc are good options around new years.

Jade: I have a similar mission to you and I reckon I have now fished around 25 of the beats. Just be aware that there are some truly nasty drives/hikes for lower beats like Glass Nevin, Glencoe, Cloverly.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

3. Default

Soft rains over the weekends. Not enough to raise rivers, but the farmers are happy, was much much needed.

Eddie, I'll talk to you re dates, will see if I can take you somewhere less fished.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario

Great stuff rain is always a welcomed thing. We also had rain at our farm over the weekend which is always a good!

That will be great! Ill really appreciate it!!
    Carpe Diem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123