Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Hi All... My name is Ahmed. I'm based in Warrenton in the Northern cape. I'm new to the fly fishing sport. Although have been doing spinning for some years. Targeting large and small mouth yellow fish. We have fantastic waters here for fly fishing. Mostly on private owned farms on the vaal river. Any suggestions and advice on beginner fly fishing and tackle would be great

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
    Hi All... My name is Ahmed. I'm based in Warrenton in the Northern cape. I'm new to the fly fishing sport. Although have been doing spinning for some years. Targeting large and small mouth yellow fish. We have fantastic waters here for fly fishing. Mostly on private owned farms on the vaal river. Any suggestions and advice on beginner fly fishing and tackle would be great
    Most guys would suggest a 9'0 or 10'0 5-weight as a good standard/start ito rod. Ito brand, the field is as open/closed as your wallet.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett