Thread: Any advice please

Default Any advice please

Hi All can anybody help me out im headed to strand from the 15 to the 27 Dec and id like to try my hand at leeries and so on...Iv spoken to some guys and searched the net and was suggested I head to Blakes and to some Jetty..any advise as to what flies will work and when I should try. Im going to be attempting the saltwater for the first time.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Van1 View Post
    Hi All can anybody help me out im headed to strand from the 15 to the 27 Dec and id like to try my hand at leeries and so on...Iv spoken to some guys and searched the net and was suggested I head to Blakes and to some Jetty..any advise as to what flies will work and when I should try. Im going to be attempting the saltwater for the first time.

Thanks in advance
    I cannot help you there, but IF you had a more descriptive SUBJECT line to your thread, I am sure you would get more people who would both READ and REPLY to your request.
    "Leeries advice?" would be a good start.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Blakes beach in front of the pavilion (big building with coloums into the water and a derelict jetty next to it ) has two reefs as you look out into the bay
    I fish left or right reef depending on the wind ( casting dowwind / cross offshore is easiest )
    Go there on a low tide ( preferably sunrise or late afternoon )and walk out as far as you can on the reefs and let the tide push you back to the beach as it gets too deep to comfortably Stand on the reefs
    Casting into the deeper moving water of the bay
    Gear you will need is solid boots that don't get sand in them

A stripping basket

6-7-8-9 wt rod inter line
    Flies any small baitfish patterns will work
    My best success has been on small 1/0 olive clousers and white flippers with red thread

Tight lines
    Send pics
    /d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Sorry for the subject line GGY 1st thread ill remeber that in the future. @ Damage im fishing a 5/6 wieght rod will that be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Van1 View Post
    Sorry for the subject line GGY 1st thread ill remeber that in the future. @ Damage im fishing a 5/6 wieght rod will that be ok.
    In the subject line you DID ask for "ANY advice"
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

And say "hi" to the local gray suits if you see them.

Ya will work just throw with the wind and smaller flys ;0)
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

I would recommend going with someone that has been on those reefs before - especially if its your first time out on the reefs. Not only to show you where to walk, etc. but also from a safety perspective.
    André

Fly fishing noob

It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare ~ Mark Twain