Thread: My Sekoma Tigerfish Video

Default My Sekoma Tigerfish Video

Just before we went to the upper Zambezi my wife gave me a gopro for our anniversary. This is a video I made of the trip. I f...n cant wait to go back again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhiysESHgUY

This was my first time fishing for tigerfish, its really difficult to adapt to keeping the rod down and fighting them with the line and not the rod tip. Its the complete opposite of what I do to land big yellows on relatively thin tippets. Next time I hope to get more of the big fish on board. We lost and were broken off countless times by big tigers.

But for a first outing I cant complain, I boated decent fish every day and a 10lber on a first trip should make anybody happy. The big tigers eluded my wife though.... next time......

Hope you guys enjoy the video - it was a blast making it.

Wow great footage...feeling very envious!!!. Looks like a great holiday and many good memories.
    Andrew

Very Nice Video. Congrats on the nice fish.

You should do an SBS on how you got your lady into flyfishing Because I am sure you created a lot of opportunities for yourself
    "I wasn't born a fisherman, but I will damn well die a fisherman" - Anon.

Thanks Ulrich and Andrew, my wife really enjoyed the trip, she liked the fishing a lot more than I expected.

Most important thing about getting her to fish is not to push her too much (and making it comfortable). When she goes along I also make sure I dont overdo the fishing, I will easily fish a full day alone, but when we both go I make sure to keep it to half a day or so.

She has till before the sekoma trip fished and caught trout, yellows, barbel etc. but she usually just fished until she caught one to just show she can. At sekoma she really got into it, at some stages she was the one saying "just one more cast" before we go home.

Its pretty awesome for me to share a trip like this with my wife.

Tiaan

Leka man
    "I wasn't born a fisherman, but I will damn well die a fisherman" - Anon.