Thread: Hi there/Hoezit

Default Hi there/Hoezit

Good Day

My name is Vlok BAuermeister( 32 years old), I bought my first flyrod set-up on Friday and I have caught 5 fish until today, caught 3 this morning up in the mountain streams.

I am actually a wingshooter but, friends got me to start flyfishing so here I am , caught 5 already.

I would like to learn more and I have so many questions, so hopefully I can get a few answers here. I also know that I am doing lots of things wrong ( presentation , combination of tackle etc etc.) I also don't know when to use which flies etc.

I am glad to be here and I am sure I will learn a lot !

I live in the De Doorns area

Welcome to the forum.

I caught my first trout in one of the farms dams fed by the (I think) Upper Hex that flows through the vineyards at Orchard 50 years ago and I remember that fish as if it was yesterday. Crazy that some things stick in your mind.The dam had a mixture of Bluegill, Goldfish and Trout.

Vlok, you will learn a lot from these forums and suggest you look back at what has been posted in the past as well.

Robin

Welcome.
    some good waters in your area.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension