Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shamwari and Struisbaai on the 13Feb15

Blog Entries

Default Shamwari and Struisbaai on the 13Feb15

Good Day all

I will be travelling to Struisbaai for the weekend of the 13th to the 15th Feb 15. Of course, a fly rod or two will accompany me, strategically hidden from SWAMBO's eyes...

I have searched the forums and will continue to do so regarding Cob, Elf or Leeries on fly, so far there is a wealth of information.

My question is, any quick tips regarding fly choice and specific areas one can try?

My time will be limited, so ja, I dont expect anything much to happen, but it will be worth a try.

Thanks!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

De Mond is very close by which has lots of Leeries and Grunter and Carp!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    De Mond is very close by which has lots of Leeries and Grunter and Carp!
    and bass? ha ha ha...

I am keen to try some salt water fly fooshing again, been a while...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

I thought you Zimbos melted in saltwater...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    I thought you Zimbos melted in saltwater...
    Actually we p@ss pure klipdrift Nepps..

Us salties p1ss pure Captain Morgan...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Blog Entries

That can work, a nice Kaptein Skuim..

Foamy? I would see a doctor if i were you Nepps!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Blog Entries

The wealth of tips and tricks on this thread is mind boggling...suppose it is my punishment for talking to much k@k on FT...he he he...aaaanyways!

10. Default

Hi Shamwari,

A few spots:

1. The Breakwater in the Harbour - You will see to the left of the slip there is a rocky breakwater, wade out and fish off here on a pushing tide, usually there are some elf and small Leeries. A friend caught a 8kg kob here some years back, at night on a black woolhead mullet. Otherwise some flippers, clousers should do the trick.

2. Die Las - To the right of the harbour, a rocky point. Fish this during low light conditions, especially fish into the evening. Bit more tricky spot, but produces many Leeries, elf, kob.

3. Spookdraai - The bend left towards Agulhas. We have had a memorable session here at first light, catching elf.

4. De Mond - Leeries, grunter, the odd kob, and mullet. Also a nice venue to let the missus relax and have a picnic under the Milkwoods. Also to refuel with a cold Brannas between sessions

5. Towards Suiderstrand - Many bays and gullies to explore, blacktail etc.

Tel +27 21 855 2646 Web - www.winelandsflyfishing.co.za
    E-mail info@winelandsflyfishing.co.za

Shop - Trips - Tuition - Custom Flies

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast