Thread: Robertson and Cederberge

Default Robertson and Cederberge

Hi. Recently moved to Robertson W-Cape. Keen on targeting sm bass. Does anyone have info on where to start hunting? Access areas to Breede or a quality venue? Any info would be appreciated. I'm planning a trip into Cederberge as well. Will be my first time there. Have anyone fished those streams?

Thanks

Hi Johan

There is so much water in that area you'll never get bored. Join the CPS so that you can fish the Holsloot beats just up the road from you.

A good starting point for the Breede is to get in where the road between Villiersdorp and Worcester cross the river - it's safe for tubing or something like an Ark. From there you can do about a ten kilo downstream drift to a low water bridge. The get to the exit point you simply keep on the same road towards Worcester and take the very next right hand turn. It's a couple kilos down but you eventually get to the low water bridge. The drift will take almost a whole day and the best time of year is early season just as the last snow on the mountains melt.

Enjoy....

Thanks MCC. Contacted some farmers next to the Breede. Will go and scout tomorrow.

Hi Johan,

I'm moving to Swellendam at the end of this month, I know of a few spots out there, we recently got access to a series of private dams teeming with bass in Swellendam. We should link up and see what we can find, i'm quite keen on seeing what the Tradouws Pass river offers as well.

Give me a buzz on 082 499 0255 if you are ever out the Swellendam neck of the woods or planning anything interesting in Robertson.

Cheers,

Mark