Thread: New to the forum

Default New to the forum

Hello,

I am Gino, a Belgian Fly fisherman. I am 47 years old and I fish already 34 years with the fly on different kinds of fish. I have fished also competition in fly fishing. I have bin to many different countries for fly fishing (USA, Canada, Norwegian, Germany, The Netherlands , France, Luxembourg, England, Ireland, Slovenia, Croatia & Belgium) and I fish on rivers, lakes & seas. My nickname is FSCHAMP and this is coming from Frank Saywer Champion (I am member of the Frank Saywer Fly Fishing Club Wilsele).
    I hope to learn here more about fly fishing on salt water.

Regards,

Gino V.
    Alias FSCHAMP

Hello Gino
    Welkom, ek is seker ons kan wel van jou ook leer
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Blog Entries

Welcome!

I second what Korrie said.

So let me start. I have been waiting for the opportunity to ask someone from Belgium this for a while. I have a few friends that immigrated from there and they couldn't help me with this, How is the fishing there?
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Ko7Ad,

fishing is not so good in Belgium except on private pieces of rivers or lakes. It is good trout fishing on the Lake Kluizen (in Belgium it is a great lake +/- 6 acres with a dept of 12 meters). I find it better fishing in the Netherlands and Germany so I'll drive on a regular base to those two countries for fly fishing on rivers or the sea.

Welcome Gino!!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Gino
    with your Flemish, you should understand the bantering in Afrikaans that happens on the site.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Korrie

Ik versta inderdaad een aantal woorden Afrikaans met mijn Vlaams. Indeed I understand some words of Afrikaans with my Flemish.
    Grts,

Gino V.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    Flyfishing is a way of live
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mind set, and with time, an obsession.

<°)))>< your fish <--------> my fish ><((((((((((((((((º>

Gino
    Een geheim met die lees van Afikaans as jy Vlaams of Hollands is, as jy dit nie verstaan, (as gevolg van die spelling) lees die sin net vinnig.
    Dit is 'n geheim wat ek geleer het met my familie in Holland.
    Die klanke van die woorde word "meer verstaanbaar"
    Korrie Broos

Korrie,

bedankt voor de tip.
    Grts,

Gino V.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    Flyfishing is a way of live
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mind set, and with time, an obsession.

<°)))>< your fish <--------> my fish ><((((((((((((((((º>