Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A whole lot of feathers!

Wiets Banned User

Default A whole lot of feathers!

A long awaited box of feathers finally arrived. Maybe I will share some on this forum.

daaaamn Wiets! you planning on playing Icarus?!
    the patient mental...

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    Nice one, Devlin, didn't know you were a classical scholar as well as a rod builder and dispenser of shoddily-made members' flies??!!

Wiets - Borat sent me an SMS from his holiday retreat to tell me he's sad to report that he's also just taken up flytying and ordered a consignment of feathers from his homeland very - VERY - similar to your lot. Unfortunately, as reported on Sky this afternoon, there is a severe outbreak of Asian Bird Flu in Kazakhstan, and the Government has ordered that ALL livestock, fur, feathers etc. be immediately destroyed and burned. You are hereby ordered by the Kommissar of the Kaz. Secret Brutal Politzei to send me all your feathers. Totally coincidentally (wouldn't you know it, how these things sometimes happen?) Borat conveniently gave me today as a birthday present (today's my birthday in the Kaz. religious calendar year) his 'Kazakh Sex-Hot Vibrato Burn-Baby-Burn Machine' and I will ensure that all the feathers get incinerated and that you receive the ashes and an original certificate of cremation (in both English/Kazakhi).

Devlin - this was all your idea - I'll split the feathers 50/50 as agreed?

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    Hi Devlin

This "dutchman" first had to do a search on Icarus - no, nothing like that. There is even a bigger shipment on the way - hackle in 40 different colours, each colour in .5 Kg package. Plus 96 bucktail in 40 different colours. Plus 40 tanned white rabbit skins. This should last a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Wiets - Borat sent me an SMS from his holiday retreat to tell me he's sad to report that he's also just ............. the ashes and an original certificate of cremation (in both English/Kazakhi).
    No need to burn them - you probably get a share anyway.
    Talking about shoddily made flies, I also received about 150 "rough around the edges" flies with this package.
    When I return from Madagascar, I will most probably give most of these flies away.
    Last edited by Wiets; 15-06-07 at 06:58 PM.

When will your fly production factory be opening?
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Mine Gotttttt!! That's enough to sink the Titanic, let alone your 50ft (close enough) yacht!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Icarus (rhymes with a whole load of non-Pierre-friendly words) was one of these mythological dudes who tried to fly (not fly fish) and waxed on a whole load of feathers onto his arms and got a bit too close to the Sun (the star not the newspaper). Mnid you, the Star's also a newspaper. His dad, Daedalus, told him to have a go and fly to the sun with feathers as wings. Or something similar. Anyway like when I tie flies in the tropics, the frikken wax melted and the whole plan went astray! Cheers, good w/e

Hey there, Wiets
    Hope im not being to presumptious
    If you'r willing to Sell or sharing feathers on the Forum, My Flytying box is seriously lacking variety.
    Please let me know if you'r willing to part with some and at what cost. E
    Last edited by Elizevh; 15-06-07 at 07:17 PM.

Elize, Werner has a whole load of extra flytying material he can't use, but I havn't heard from the gentleman for quite a while, I'll tell him not to put his prices up - kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by Elizevh View Post
    Hey there, Wiets
    Hope im not being to presumptious
    If you'r willing to Sell or sharing feathers on the Forum, My Flytying box is seriously lacking variety.
    Please let me know if you'r willing to part with some and at what cost. E
    Knowing Wiets and his extreme generosity, your boxes are soon to overflowith Elize!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.