Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A whole lot of feathers!

Gogga Banned User

Wiets,

What the hell are you going to do with that stuff?

I hope your buck tails work out mate - My rejection rate is normally 40 out of 50 - perhaps that's why you bought 50?

All the best
    Mike

Default Madagascar trip

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    When I return from Madagascar, I will most probably give most of these flies away.
    Wiets when are you going there again? I booked my trip for September and I would like to know what flies you gonna take with?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing!
    ~ George Bernard Shaw ~

hi chriss
    he's there at the moment and returns in about a weeks time
    nice meeting you on sat.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Where did you get/order that from??? I don't think I could get through that in a lifetime!!

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post
    I hope your buck tails work out mate - My rejection rate is normally 40 out of 50 - perhaps that's why you bought 50? Mike
    Mike
    What rejection rate are you talking about?

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    Wiets when are you going there again? I booked my trip for September and I would like to know what flies you gonna take with?
    I doubt if I will go there again - although it was fun, there are much better places to go to for the same money. Nose Be & Sakatia Island - not much game fish and most reefs in populated areas are in a bad state (even the marine park - Nosy Tanikely). I caught a small Kingfish (less 1 Kg) and a Barracuda (about 6 Kg) on a Clouser #1 and #2/0 fly respectively - chartreuse over white. I took flies as recommended on: http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=1121
    Last edited by Wiets; 25-06-07 at 12:19 PM.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Where did you get/order that from??? I don't think I could get through that in a lifetime!!

eBay - paid 523-00 US$ for it.
    Permits cost another R150-00 from Pretoria and 110 US$ for US Fish and Wildlife to inspect and mail to me.

Oh now I see my own post with the same question-hehe. Hopefully I will have some success with being on the boat most of the time. Thanx Wiets
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing!
    ~ George Bernard Shaw ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.