Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best 6wt floating line of the current bunch

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Seems that everyone is using Nano Technology - Wonder how the Snowbee line compares to the Airflo, Sci Angler and Rio.
    http://www.snowbee.co.uk/fly-fishing/fly-lines/
    As Jean said, Pascal fished with Snowbee, but then, that is part of his sponsor's ranges.
    But Snowbee has a very good following in Europe, and the fly fishers rate it.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    As Jean said, Pascal fished with Snowbee, but then, that is part of his sponsor's ranges.
    But Snowbee has a very good following in Europe, and the fly fishers rate it.
    Couple of local guys have also said some good things about it.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Yup... and if you remember correctly also, The Protea team a few years ago fished with Explorer rods, and the SA Olympic team did the opening ceremony parade with Crocs on their feet.....Ever wondered why this could be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Bence View Post
    If I remember correctly Pascal Cognard fished a Snowbee line when he was in South Africa.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    Best floater hands down from my personal experience is the new Airflo Super-Dri lines.
    Supple, nice taper, great colour, floats well and being PU, it takes the punishment of Africa and lasts a LOT longer than PVC lines.
    I owned one of the previous airflow super supple floaters, those famed pink pieces of string many people rated, and was not impressed with it. I felt it was one of the worst floaters I'd ever fished and looking around the forum it seems many people agree.

I popped into my local tackle shop last week and saw the new Airflo super-Dri lines and decided to give Airflo another chance (I enjoy their intermediates and sinkers). First thing I noticed was that I had to pull around 30m of backing off my reel to get it to fit. It seems far thicker than the previous generation of airflo lines?

I spent the weekend using it in a cold and rainy Dullstroom but the water was warm, hovering around 18 degrees. Initial thoughts? Not great at this stage, it seems to float fine (it's brand new) but it does not come close to lying straight and the extra thickness is a worry when you see it lying on the water. I'll give it another go this weekend and decide.
    Check your knots!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123