Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Saltwarter outfit

Default New Saltwarter outfit

Hi Guys
    Im off to the Seychelles next year and need to get a new 8 weight outfit for bone fish, im looking at the g loomis Pro4x and pairing it with the new orvis Hydros SL, has any one used the g loomis pro4x and or the new hydros sl, interested to hear what guys thoughts are.
    Thanks
    Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up

I find the Pro4X is great in lower weights but the action is too slow for my taste in the higher weight categories. If you want to go Loomis go for the NRX rather or else the Sage Xi2 or Xi3 are great rods

PS - there's an 8 weight G Loomis NRX going for R7500 on Facebook.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Hi Bryan , thanks, the TFO BVK has been suggested to me to by a few guys not sure as I have never tried them, a mate of mine uses a redington predator and he really likes it but from the reviews that I have read its not a great rod, unfortunately over here in the UK the guys talk about using hatch reels and hardy rods all of which are hellishly expensive, not saying I wouldn't like to buy them they just budget isn't that big

I have an 8 weight TFO BVK, nice rod but they are notoriously easy to break. I broke mine.

Thanks Izak

The TFO BVK is probably the best value for money option and has a great warranty if you do run into issues. I have the BVK in a 7wt and have had no issues though after fishing it pretty hard for nearly two years
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Any one tried Taylor reels look really good and all the reviews seem to be good

I have a tfo such good rods couldn't afford a sage and a mate has a sage and I can't tell the difference it's a fast action rod with a slightly stiffer tip then a sage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well no longer need to decide on a new reel, the Mrs just got back from a trip to SA and bought me back a Shilton SL5, now just need to decide on a rod to pair it with

I can vouch for the bvk...I have the 8w and its a great value for money rod. Always in the top 10 8w shootout rankings.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast