Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bosnia World Champs - Protea Team 2015 need your support

Default Bosnia World Champs - Protea Team 2015 need your support

Hi Guys,

Please show your support by buying a raffle ticket here - https://www.quicket.co.za/events/942...bosnia-world#/

Visit the 2015 World Champs website here - http://35thwffcbih2015.com/

For most finances are always a challenge when it comes to representing your country on the world stage and it surely helps to let the anglers focus on what they should focus on - the fishing and the preparation. Please support the guys, they are all great anglers and want to do us proud.

Hi Guys,

The team has arrived in Bosnia and they send some updates through whatsapp, I will post images here.

Matt Rich: Welcome to Bosnia...

Matt Rich: Ephemera Danica in all her glory!

Stuart Smith: Rest of the team enroute! Best of luck guys!

Matt Rich: 15kg Hucho and 12kg brown. The brown is over 1m long!!

Matt Rich: This is our river for the morning. We must have seen 30 grayling over 30cm just on the drive here...

Matt Rich: First fish of the day...

Dan has arrived! Matt Rich: A little bit of Airflo love

all the best guys... bring back a few gongs.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Good Luck guys make us proud, I know you will..
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

More pics from yesterday

Matt Rich: After a CRAZY detour though some roads that I dont think have been driven since the war... we have arrived in the most beautiful town I have ever seen. This is Jajce...

And this morning pic below

9 Jun 05:34 - Mc: Early morning on the competition lake. All the guys are still sleeping.... Wake up call is at six, breakfast at seven and then off to Una National Park to meet our guide for our first training day.
    Last edited by FlyCraft; 09-06-15 at 09:17 AM.

Few posts from few days back

8 Jun 00:11 - Matt Rich: Hi All, we just got home after a very long day on the water. As if this place could get any better, the fishing is off the chart too! We fished Ribnik today and caught mutiple browns of around 1kg, plenty grayling and a rainbow or two for good measure. I got one Grayling of 45cm as well, absolute tank! Came up and inhaled a dry!!!! Pics are on the other camera unfortunately.

8 Jun 10:39 - Matt Rich: We went to the smalest tackle store in the world yesterday. It is a small wooden Wendy house with one guy sitting in the corner tying the most amazing flies! Ill post some pics tonight when I can charge my laptop.

8 Jun 10:40 - Matt Rich: 1 Euro a fly. Rich emptied his piggy bank

I don't know what to say, the World become too small and upside down ...SA FF team come to "my" waters to fish, while I am fishing here in SA on "their" ,SA waters ....

The guy in that small shop near the Ribnik bridge is tying flies for that day ,actually he predict hatch for tomorrow, and tie exact pattern (exact hatch match) !The unique Fly Shop !

(btw, use 7x tippets minimum ....5x is considered as a thick rope on Bosnian Rivers...)

I will fish Bosnia in July , leave some fish for me ,please

Good luck guys , have a nice time and enjoy Bosnia Rivers ....

ps
    link for support doesn't work, it says:" error :too many redirects " ?
    Last edited by Zoran; 09-06-15 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    ps
    link for support doesn't work, it says:" error :too many redirects " ?
    http://wffc2015.zlatovcica.eu/

http://35thwffcbih2015.com/
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hi Guys,

From Yesterday, the fish/ing pics Matt took from pics on his camera, so not too clear.

9 Jun 20:58 - Matt Rich: Hi all, we fished Una today and had a tough day but with a steep learning curve. Our guide Amir Alajec was superb and really explained and demonstrated the Bosnian nymphing well (which turned out to be pretty challenging). We have just got off the water now and are racing home to try and get to dinner before it closes at 11pm. Looking forward another cow patty 😐 After that, its straight so bed for an early wake up to do it all over again. Dan and I are with the new guide, Zlatko, on the stillwater and the rest are heading back to Ribnik and Sana to hammer the Greyling.
    9 Jun 21:00 - Matt Rich: All the pics are on my camera and non of us have an adapter to charge my laptop 😔. Well start posting them when Craig arrives tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Winelands Fly Fishing View Post
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast