Thread: Raw sewerage on its way to the Vaal Dam - DA

Default Raw sewerage on its way to the Vaal Dam - DA

Hi,

I don't know if anyone knows about his, but it's very disturbing...

I copied the following from News24:

Raw sewerage on its way to the Vaal Dam - DA

Bloemfontein - A project which will pump raw sewerage into the Vaal Dam is in an advanced stage, James Letuka, a DA member of the Free State provincial legislature, told News24.

After receiving a complaint from local councillors, Letuka visited Deneysville and saw the pipes being laid.

The pipes lead directly from the sewerage system to the dam.

“I saw it with my own eyes. The people working on the pipeline were very busy and I could see they were hurrying to get the job done. This is unacceptable,” Letuka said.

The project, undertaken by the Metsimaholo Local Municipality, which includes Sasolburg, Deneysville, Oranjeville and Viljoensdrift, is apparently aimed at alleviating the pressure on the town’s sewerage plant.

A planned artificial reed bed project at the centre of Deneysville was recently canned after it was met by opposition from the community.

“The Vaal is a source of water not only for the people in that area, but also for large parts of Gauteng,” said Letuka.

He said the sewerage project suggested the municipality had little regard for the environment and the welfare of local communities.

“We want to stop this project. The area where the pipes are leading is a recreational area with a caravan park. This pipeline will have serious repercussions. Not only will the plant and birdlife be affected, but it will also be a serious health hazard.”

Letuka has written to MEC Olly Mlamleli, requesting her to immediately intervene and put a stop the project.

“Willfully pumping raw sewerage into a fresh water source is a criminal act prosecutable under the National Water Act. The Vaal Dam is a critical fresh water source for South Africa’s economic heartland and is of vital importance to many communities along the dam’s shoreline in the Free State.

“Access to water is a human right. The municipality’s intention to pump raw sewerage into the Vaal Dam threatens water security, the environment and most importantly the health and well-being of every single person dependent on the dam’s water.”

Several calls to the Metsimaholo Local Municipality in Sasolburg went unanswered.

If this is true then its shocking.Surely the dept. environmetal affairs etc would never approve such a thing.If so then we are in serious trouble

Time to get the World Health Organisation involved they have jurisdiction over this tragedy!

How can we get To help or at least try and do something about this

WTF is happenig to this Country??????????

Could we have any worse NEWS????

O ja MADUPI is only getting online in 2020. Which is in ANC Terms only 2030.

What can we do about this????? Probably nothing as we dont stand together as Citizens anymore!!!!!!

DAMMMMMMM its frustrating!!!!!!!

i have copied the first post to the basschallenge forum.

while writting the above, sabc2, mentioned 54% of the budget went for tourism, what a joke
    Last edited by dollar; 21-05-15 at 08:21 AM.

Water affairs halts construction on sewerage pipeline
    The national department of water affairs has ordered the Metsimaholo local municipality to halt construction on the controversial raw sewerage pipeline from Refengkgotso, outside the Free State town of Deneysville, into the Vaal Dam

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...eline-20150602

Good News? Or as we have come to expect Wool over the eyes?

There is media attention on this subject currently, so tactic response would be halt it wait till the dust settle and then..

Sorry fro being so negative, but just saying what I think call it thinking aloud.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

100% my thoughts exactly. Is this report just to make the public happy? I will be happy when I hear that the pipes have been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre s View Post
    100% my thoughts exactly. Is this report just to make the public happy? I will be happy when I hear that the pipes have been removed.
    Would be great to get hold of an excavator and help "relocate" the pipe sections
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Would be great to get hold of an excavator and help "relocate" the pipe sections
    Haha yes you right Jules, ill send them to the cape streams ATT: shammers