Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barometers

Quote Originally Posted by izak View Post
    I have also been looking for one for some time. I just look at the weather to see if a cold front is comming. Then I still go fishing and catch nothing.
    hehe - Brilliant Izak!

I always say - if the fish don't mind being wet then neither do I!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Chris,

I have had a Suunto Xlander for about 4 - 5 years. I bought mine for R1200 when Manex Marine first started importing them. It has a barometer, digital compass, thermometer and altimeter. I use mine extensively and change the battery about once every 18 months or so. I suspect that yours has a problem to be using a battery in a month. Take it back to Manex and see what they say.

Regards,
    Darryl
    incidentally, I remember the Xlander. Last i saw, they were also over R4000. You got in at the right time it seems.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Take a look at the Casio Pro Trek range, they come in a wide range so they vary in price (R1500 - R6000).
    They give actual barometer reading and store the info for a period (more expensive = longer period). The top of the range one's will even give you an audio warning if the baormeter suddly drops by a certain amount per hour.

More toys for the boys it seems? I'm with Izak. Bugger the weather, you catch or you don't, so what, it's all about the trying
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    More toys for the boys it seems? I'm with Izak. Bugger the weather, you catch or you don't, so what, it's all about the trying
    Your shopping list is full anyway Herman.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Touche'

Feels like jumping on the bandwagon after it left the station... but must say this bought myself the Polar AXN 300 with all the bells and whistles last year for R1600 from Due South for just the same reasons(and couldn't find anything smaller), measures up to the T compared to www.weather.co.za and happy ever since(batteries included), but what it boils down to is that when i feel like fishing "I go fish" no matter what the watch says, like Herman said "its all in the trying", they either gonna bite or not! But still a nice to have!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokoms View Post
    But still a nice to have!
    It's these nice to have's that become HAVE TO HAVE'S that are totally wrecking my budget and why my Christmas list is soooo long

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    It's these nice to have's that become HAVE TO HAVE'S that are totally wrecking my budget and why my Christmas list is soooo long
    I have sympathy with your poor swambo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12