Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry flies for Stillwaters

Another good dry fly is the ***dard caddis..The nice thing is you can strip it so it dives underwater and leave it to rise.This usually sparks a savage take and can be a nice trigger in stillwater

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Another good dry fly is the ***dard caddis..The nice thing is you can strip it so it dives underwater and leave it to rise.This usually sparks a savage take and can be a nice trigger in stillwater
    Forgotten about that one John. Thanks!! Will try make at least one tonight!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Blog Entries

I would tie up some of those CDC Elk Hair caddis flies...a must have
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I would tie up some of those CDC Elk Hair caddis flies...a must have
    I have some of them!! Hooks might be a bit thin though
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

still water fishing is not my thing but when i do from time to time fish mainly streamers, dries are always fished with droppers (buzzers or mayflies), i use ddd, stimulaters and hoppers and have had a strike or two on the dry

Mate caught this beauty from the town dam at Clarens recently

Clarens.jpg
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

The CDC and Elk or the local Klippies en Kolgaans is an absolute must have for still water trout or yellows. This fly kills at Sterkies when the fish are spitting out beetles or splashing hoppers.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12