Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Little one from sage

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Reason I ask is because I think they are quite different from each other. The SLT is a slow rod and the SPL a fast medium.
    Not really Andre. The are identical in action, casting and fishing. I had both of them in my hands side by side and there was no difference except the recovery.

Oh right ok...I think it was the LL that was the slow one then. The SLT and SPL are both medium fast rods are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by shector View Post
    Not really Andre. The are identical in action, casting and fishing. I had both of them in my hands side by side and there was no difference except the recovery.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

hi Andre, thanks for the info, if i may ask, my intentions are close quaters, fishing anything from 5 to 10 meters due to my aging eyesight and the fun part of stealthy approach (crawling on my knees and elbows hahaha) would the spl cast better than the slt in terms of accuracy

jeepers, sounds like everyone has one except me, i better wake up.
    @ Shector - i have registered and up'd the bid, thanks again

I have no idea to be quite honest. I think with all lightweight stream fishing, your leader setup is going to be critical. in order to get the perfect balance between presentation and accuracy. Both are a function of your skill and tackle setup, and less of a function of the rod, but Im pretty sure that you will be able to get either working. Also, 5 to 10 meters is not close quarters in my book. to me close in fishing, is in a range from directly under the rod tip, to about three meters away from the rod tip. youre looking more towards medium range.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    hi Andre, thanks for the info, if i may ask, my intentions are close quaters, fishing anything from 5 to 10 meters due to my aging eyesight and the fun part of stealthy approach (crawling on my knees and elbows hahaha) would the spl cast better than the slt in terms of accuracy
    Last edited by Andre; 12-08-15 at 04:21 PM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Since the spl's & slt's are not readily available,which txl-f is suited to small stream fishing.Throwing a small weighted 14-20 with indicator or dropper rig?

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Oh right ok...I think it was the LL that was the slow one then. The SLT and SPL are both medium fast rods are they?
    Yip, but both of them are supposed to echo the LL feel. The SPL was the LL successor. The SLT then replaced the SPL...

10 meters is pushing a bit far, i know, its stems from certain pools i've fished and the unwillingness to disturb the water by wading

that's how i read it Shector but nowhere that could find why they dropped the length in the txl after the slt and now back up to a 8 footer little one, is it because the 8 foot being the ideal length for the ultralight weights

Quote Originally Posted by Cormo_rant View Post
    Since the spl's & slt's are not readily available,which txl-f is suited to small stream fishing.Throwing a small weighted 14-20 with indicator or dropper rig?
    What I am surprised about is that no one is mentioning the Circa here - To be, it offers the older style actions with newer technologies. That kind of rod for small stream dry fly work sounds right up my alley - I just never hear anyone talking about it?!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast