Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cape Streams

I will gladly take meet you for a day on the streams. I can lend you some equipment for the day, and also organise loan boots. Say when, and lets do it. I will teach you properly from the word go...
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback and generosity. Will definitely be looking at joining the CPS in the future. Andre I am pretty much available whenever for the next month or so. So maybe a trip can be organized. Will be a cool way to open the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Will28 View Post
    Hi guys

Would like to get into the fly fishing scene and try my hand at catching trout in these streams. Am a student and a beginner fly fisher (have a old cheap explorer combo I bought many years ago) and have mainly concentrated on the more conventional aspects of fishing like rock & surf, estuary, bass, carp etc in the past. Mainly fish in the garden route during holidays so just really want to wet a line more often being in Stellenbosch most of the year. So if a spot goes open and you don't mind a youngster tagging along at some stage it will be greatly appreciated. Very keen to learn the trade. And not so keen to pay R2000 for a guided trip. Otherwise just some info on where to get started or clubs to join or whatever.

Dankie
    Stywe Lyne
    Willie
    Hello Willie
    As jy wil, laat weet dan kan ons 'n veertjie of 2, vir 'n forel gaan aanbied.
    het 'n paar stokke, wat jy kan leen vir die dag, maar ek is seker die Explorer kan ook die ding doen.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Yes Korrie,
    Ek is altyd gewillig om n lyntjie nat te maak en het op die oomblik baie tyd op my hande so enigetyd pas my. Se net wa en waneer, ek is reg. Ja seker my stokkie is oraait, het al bass op hom gevang.
    Dankie!

Hierdie naweek vas, dalk volgende Sondag oggend?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Ja klink goed! Sal praat nader an die tyd om te bevestig. Niks op my skedule nie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123