Thread: Redington Predator 9Wt

Default Redington Predator 9Wt

Hi guys,

Does anyone have experience with these rods in the WC? Also is there anyone who would allow me to make a few casts with theirs on a lawn

I have started saving for a heavier outfit and am planning to test all my options before making the purchase.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    "I wasn't born a fisherman, but I will damn well die a fisherman" - Anon.

Whats the price of these rods?I have cast the redington voyant whicg feels like a reel broomstick in hand but once you start casting its superb

I don't know these rods at all, but if I may comment on your post.....if a rod feels like a real broomstick in your hand, that's how it is going to feel when you fish it. Regardless of how it feels to cast. If the fishing application requires a "broomstick feeling rod", then by all means, but look beyond the casting feel, and also towards the fishing feel. Not always easy if you don't have the experience to know what type of rod your fishing application is best suited for, because you cant always try a rod out before you buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Whats the price of these rods?I have cast the redington voyant whicg feels like a reel broomstick in hand but once you start casting its superb
    Last edited by Andre; 08-08-15 at 10:41 AM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Andre,my saying broomstick has more to do with the stiff feel of the rod.before i loaded it with line i thought it was going to be too stiff and lifeless and a lot of work.Well loaded it felt superb and complete opposite of what it felt like initially
    As you say though.Its a pity we cant cast the rods properly before we buy them,however i think in the heavier rigs like 9wt and up,castibility should be a key factor as well,castibilty at your skill level that is.
    Pointless buying a hardy sintrix if you have a slower action cast..That rod will kill you.
    All 9wt rods have pretty decent pulling power and can cast a big fly,but not all in certain casters hands.
    I think fishability that you speak of comes more into play where techniques are more prevelant??or w

I have one in the shop you are welcome to cast.
    Let me know ahead of time so I can bring my reel & line in.
    Regards
    Craig

The Predator is R2995, but next batch is going to be a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Regards
    Craig

Thanks Craig,

I will give you a shout, I will have to bite the bullet at a later stage as I cant scrape together the Moola that quick. Still busy filling the piggy bank

But thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
    "I wasn't born a fisherman, but I will damn well die a fisherman" - Anon.