Thread: Line recommendation for my Sage 3wt Txl-f?

Default Line recommendation for my Sage 3wt Txl-f?

Hey guys

Picked up a good deal on one of these.I know sage bought out the sage QDT lines to match these rods,but what other lines suit these rods nicely?
    If you have this rod please let me know your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cormo_rant View Post
    Hey guys

Picked up a good deal on one of these.I know sage bought out the sage QDT lines to match these rods,but what other lines suit these rods nicely?
    If you have this rod please let me know your thoughts?
    Cant help you on a specific line for your Sage, but I can tell you that the Airflo Dri-Fly Elite in a 3wt is absolutely superb. I previously fished a Sci-Fi Sharkskin line and the Airflo, to me, is by far the best line that I have fished on our streams. I fish it on a Greys Streamflex 10 foot 3wt and also on a Sage ZXL 8 foot 6 3wt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Bence View Post
    Cant help you on a specific line for your Sage, but I can tell you that the Airflo Dri-Fly Elite in a 3wt is absolutely superb. I previously fished a Sci-Fi Sharkskin line and the Airflo, to me, is by far the best line that I have fished on our streams. I fish it on a Greys Streamflex 10 foot 3wt and also on a Sage ZXL 8 foot 6 3wt.
    I

I agree 100% - Super-Dri Elite 3wt is an awesome line.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

The QDT is the right balance and taper for these rods. I have the 3wt TXL and have tried it with my QDT and Airflo Superdri - the QDT is much better for this application imho.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

thanks guys,DT or WF and who stocks the lines?

If you can get a DT go for it.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Definatly a DT, although I doubt that you will find a decent 3wt WF these days. it would be a moot point anyway, because you wont be casting very far on the streams anyway, so at the distance you will most likely be fishing, it wont make a difference if its a WF or DT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormo_rant View Post
    thanks guys,DT or WF and who stocks the lines?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

QDT stands for Quiet Double Taper so you will only find a DT. Frontiers, Upstream or Online
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Darryl i was referring to the airflo super dri elite here.As far as i know it comes in WF & DT versions.
    I see also that there is a Sage QDT II line.Any idea how this is different to the original?

Default Line recommendation for my Sage 3wt Txl-f?

I would go with the Airflo DT - get it from Ganis in Witbank. The QDT II is a lot more expensive :-) Also look at the Rio Trout LT

Reap the Whirlwind - WM