Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New 2016 Yellowstone 5wt Shootout

Default New 2016 Yellowstone 5wt Shootout

Im very much a tackle junkie so i love these reviews.Check it out.Ouch for the new Sage rods...

http://www.yellowstoneangler.com/gea...oop-optistream

Yellowstone BS every year .
    Just check which line they used in the past and which now- a half size heaviest GPX (now MPX same shit ) , the worst line ever , except if you fishing on 3-5 meters distance in tight corners, but not even then, there are better lines for that purpose.
    This line is designed for USA weekend "casters", so they can sell them today's stiff and wet broomstick rods.
    For all of the rest of conditions, this line is simply useless .
    So how they can assess the rods with absolutely wrong line ????
    How one can dare to use the line with such a short head , and not even AFTMA recognized for public rod assessment ???
    BS !!!
    Also, they asses only mass produced junk rods , and even then they are biased(read who pay more)

They do not know what is perfect #5 weight rod ,period.
    Stop supporting "designed " in USA and produced in China rods , and buy some fantastic rods from small, boutique companies .
    These boutique rods are the present and future, at least for me .
    Mass produced junk is a past .
    Cheers,
    Zoran
    Last edited by Zoran; 08-11-15 at 07:34 PM.

Some very interesting comments about all the rods.
    What is interesting is how well some of the cheaper rods did against the expensive rods.
    At half the price, some rods are very close to the top priced rods in performance.
    So you do not need to by a R10K rod. (refering to the other thread. )
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I am convinced you shouldnt even look at these shootouts. They are probably worth as much as wiggling a rod in a shop. A certain rod will suit your casting and fishing style but not somebody else's.
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

Yes I agree. To me they are absolute rubbish. Im sure some guys might find value, but I tend to look at things that the shootouts simply don't consider. Its ok if you have no idea what to look for in a rods suitability to your application.
    Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    I am convinced you shouldnt even look at these shootouts. They are probably worth as much as wiggling a rod in a shop. A certain rod will suit your casting and fishing style but not somebody else's.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Blog Entries

I bet Sage where pissed when they saw these results,
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Old tech still pretty good. The G Loomis still beats all the new fancy gimmicks from other stables. Not that it matters as this is all subjective but I love my NRX and wouldnt swap it for anything...and thats all that matters to me
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

What BS. For every single rod:

George’s Casting Notes: The perfect line: S. A. MPX in WF-5-F.

Theres no way in hell that the same line is perfect for every rod in the shootout. WTF?
    Tiaan

Fly Fishing Addict

I don't think so. I doubt that Sage takes these "general" shootouts very seriously. They are more interested in the real test, which is the response from their clients. ie. the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I bet Sage where pissed when they saw these results,
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Old tech still pretty good. The G Loomis still beats all the new fancy gimmicks from other stables. Not that it matters as this is all subjective but I love my NRX and wouldnt swap it for anything...and thats all that matters to me
    Maybe G Loomis technology, 3 years ago, was so far ahead of the pack and the pack still have not caught up.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast