Thread: Sanchez Emerger

Default Sanchez Emerger

This look like another pattern to try, as well as using that foamback technique on some other low-riding flies!! The addition of the foamback makes the pattern not to rely on the wing only to keep it floating. I really like that!!!

http://www.sexyloops.co.uk/cgi-bin/t...=ST;f=7;t=8985
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

From the same thread ....

Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Reminds me of a spun dun. nice fly
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Reminds me of a spun dun. nice fly
    Ja the only addition (and the reason I posted) is that foamback. You can add it to quite a few flies to add in the low-riding footprint but still keep it afloat. At a push you can even do away with the wing, but I imagine spotting it (for me at least) would be a problem.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Ya , although the foam back might keep the body out the water, wheras the spun dun, sinks to the wing, as an emerger would sit in the film. For viz perhaps try a pink hotspot in the wing, or just behind. I tie my duns with a bit of antron yarn.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Ja the only addition (and the reason I posted) is that foamback. You can add it to quite a few flies to add in the low-riding footprint but still keep it afloat. At a push you can even do away with the wing, but I imagine spotting it (for me at least) would be a problem.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

If you tie a dark brown version you can call it a dirty sanchez :-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    If you tie a dark brown version you can call it a dirty sanchez :-)
    You'll have to add some spikey prickly pear dubbing too
    Mario Geldenhuys