Thread: Dunkeld country estate

Default Dunkeld country estate

Hi guys , I'm thinking of fishing this venue for the first time , I'll be doing a day session there, has anyone fished there lately? Is the fishing good these days ? Cause I've heard a few negative comments a few years ago .

Thanks

spent a few days there almost a year ago, and the fish was good. beautiful venue with a few dams and river. the dam in front of the restaurant produced the best fish for me, average weight of 1,5kg with some nice 2,5kg. mainly streamers and dry with dropper gave me the results. river fishing was awesome, the bigger fish came out downstream with a mix size 10cm to 30cm fish in the middle section, with 10cm to almost 20cm in the upper reaches of the property.
    what negative comments you heard?

I also fished there couple of times, the fishing will depend on whether they have stocked the dams recently.

Cool stuff thanks guys, I heard a while back that they weren't stocking properly and that the stockies were small ....below 500 grams but it seems they they have changed. Thanks again

Was there around August I think, merely casting about as kids and wife was tagging along. Got a few. Think I sommer used a w.bugger. All I'm saying is that there were still fish there about 7 months ago. And I didn't know there is a river running through it. I'll be dammed :biggrin:.
    Last edited by BenzoV; 25-02-16 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoV View Post
    Was there around August I think, merely casting about as kids and wife was tagging along. Got a few. Think I sommer used a w.bugger. All I'm saying is that there were still fish there about 7 months ago. And I didn't know there is a river running through it. I'll be dammed :biggrin:.
    damn, you right BenzoV, there is no river, sorry guys for the confusion. i fished the the rivers nearby (at walkersons and stonecutters) while staying at on the cottages at dunkeld.
    once again sorry for the mislead, must of been a party and half while visiting hehehe