Thread: Keurbooms river

Default Keurbooms river

Hi Guys,

I've been invited up to the keurbooms for a family reunion over the easter weekend.

We will be staying in a house (part of a complex) which is apparently just to the mouth side of the caravan park and has a long lawn that goes right to the edge of the river. I haven't been to the keurbooms for 18-20 years and in those days my fishing was as technical as pumping a couple prawns and hoping like hell that a grunter would swim past. Since then I've become an avid lure and fly fisherman on the Breede and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Keurbooms and if there are any areas near where I'll be staying which would allow me to target leeries, kob or grunter on fly?

Thanks for any help in advance.

There are huge numbers of grunts there usually. A good flat to look for them is the first mud flat on the left going up the bitou from the confluence of the bitou and keurbooms.
    An honest fisherman is a pretty uninteresting person.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and not only is he hungry but broke for the rest of his life as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth88 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've been invited up to the keurbooms for a family reunion over the easter weekend.

We will be staying in a house (part of a complex) which is apparently just to the mouth side of the caravan park and has a long lawn that goes right to the edge of the river. I haven't been to the keurbooms for 18-20 years and in those days my fishing was as technical as pumping a couple prawns and hoping like hell that a grunter would swim past. Since then I've become an avid lure and fly fisherman on the Breede and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Keurbooms and if there are any areas near where I'll be staying which would allow me to target leeries, kob or grunter on fly?

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Hi Gareth

Any luck on the Keurbooms ?

Nope, absolutely no action to report on. Think i'll stick to my usual hunting grounds (breede) where at least when the fish aren't playing ball I still have the confidence that I'm doing what works and could entice a strike