Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Ideal rod length for nymphing

Dollar, regarding the gummies, I have tried them and found two issues:
    1) the damn things move around. Over time, they will slide down the leader.
    2) To put them onto the line, you land up making a nasty kink in the line. The way around this is then to pull them on at the end, slide them up and then cut off the damaged portion.

If you want that type of solution, a single drop of orange UV fly paint a better idea.

I still prefer the small tight coil. This may have something to do with my bad eyes - a struggle to see a piece of 3kg orange/yellow line if it is 4m away.

thanks Circus for sharing your findings, i like the uv paint plan, sounds a lot simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ok...4mm is way too big, you wont see the movement of the coil, when the fish touches it, and you will see too much movement from other general things like rocks and general line movement. The thinner the better. don't go thicker than a toothpick or earbud, even then some of them are too fat. Mark Krige ties his around a sewing needle which is about 1mm. Also, go thinner with your lumo mono. try get as close in diameter to your leader, or tippet. this gives a better result in my opinon.
    I redid my slinky on a 2mm nail. Coils are much tighter and smaller and I think they will work much better. Will upload a comparison photo later.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Plentipotential View Post
    Dude, price on that is absolutely nuts. You can get 300m of two line for about R60 from most fishing shops
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Don't mind if I ask, was it from mias, price tags look the same

Quote Originally Posted by dollar View Post
    Don't mind if I ask, was it from mias, price tags look the same
    Real delay. Sorry. From Sollys, they do discount the tag price. Really like shopping there, had a problem with an Xplorer net, took it back for credit straight away. Good service from both Mia's and Sollys Booysens.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789