Thread: A lifetime supply of feathers and bucktail!

Wiets Banned User

Default A lifetime supply of feathers and bucktail!

I have just received these feathers and bucktail from zuckerfeather.com via the US Fish & Wildlife. What you see here are 40 bags of .25 lbs of loose hackle feathers - there are about 3000 hackle feathers per bag. This selection shows 20 colours (2 bags per colour) and therefor .5 lbs per colour. I am still waiting for the other 20 colours I ordered. The box contains bucktail in various colours. This should last awhile!

Last edited by Wiets; 25-06-07 at 06:18 PM.

Bloomin' heck! Never seen so many!
    The red ones you could always sell off as spare wigs to Ronald McDonald.
    How come you only ordered one Coke and one pink bucktail?

chris you killin me.
    seriously, wiets what you planning on doing with all these materials? thats a lot of vice time you bought boet. you planning on some serious tying while sailing to distant shores
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

FAAARKING ICEHOLES!! You are not kidding when you say a lifetime of feathers. I hope you have applied some thought about how you are going to preserve it all Wiets? Perhaps you can tell us what your plans are in that regard?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

guys, this is all going on Wiets' boat so he doesn't have to worry about running out of materials when sailing the seven seas.

Wiets, when are you getting hooks and thread to tie all these flies?
    the patient mental...

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dpammenter View Post
    guys, this is all going on Wiets' boat so he doesn't have to worry about running out of materials when sailing the seven seas.

Wiets, when are you getting hooks and thread to tie all these flies?
    Already have about 7000 hooks with another 2400 on it's way. Thread is in the region of 140 spools.

I get the impression you'll be tying more than you'll be fishing
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    .... I hope you have applied some thought about how you are going to preserve it all Wiets? Perhaps you can tell us what your plans are in that regard?
    This is interesting, I just started a topic on this issue;
    http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...9013#post29013

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.