Thread: Killarney trout venue

Blog Entries

Default Killarney trout venue

Anyone of our consummate ladies and gentlemen fished this venue lately or have any news regarding this venue. I have never fished this venue and would like to take the fandamily there as a dual purpose outing?
    I know, it never works out that way and the fishing always sucks the proverbial hind tit!
    Any advise will be appreciated

Kind regards,
    Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Grant Kieser and myself went this time last year, see below our feedback:

"Matt and i were there this past weekend and had some pretty decent fishing.

First day we caught 14 Rainbows ranging from 1lb to 4lb (caught a couple in the 4lb range). Sunday Kevin joined us and we caught another 10. The fishing was also quite exciting - if you saw a rise and covered it in good time you more often than not got a pull so that added a lot of fun to the day. I would recommend a tube or boat to cover most of the dam - fishing is very easy from the side but we had far more success when we got in the boat and moved to where most fish were rising which was often not within casting range from the bank.

The accomodation is also very nice and "Lady Friendly" - very comfortable."

If they are still stocking which I imagine they are, it is definitely worth a visit!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Blog Entries

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for the reply, it is most appreciated.

May I ask which patterns did the damage during these rises?

Kind regards
    Pierre