Thread: Googling the Witte

Default Googling the Witte

As promised, herewith the Witte on Google

Attachment 55
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Thanks Chris, that is awsome. Where can I find out about how the place/pools got their names?
    To paint lines on a silver stretch of stream, is to be humbled by nature and to be closer to thy maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyno View Post
    Thanks Chris, that is awsome. Where can I find out about how the place/pools got their names?
    These are recorded in old Piscator magazines Dyno. The earlier fly fisherman gave the pools names as points of reference when relating accounts on the stream. There are still many unnamed pools and any of us can name any one of these, after a particular event or something pertinent to the particular pool. Coupled with enough exposure, bingo, the pool's name lives on to posterity.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Why Google when you can just walk up there and fish it? Fish it in real life as it were

I agree, but some of us have to work for a living, and googling the kloofs while we are supposed to be working is a welcome distraction. I spend a great deal of time googling and planning my next excursions. It is what drives me....the prospect of new waters.......not knowing what I am going to find when I get there.

some of us are stuck in JHB, but when I do get the chance to fish it, I want to be prepaired, but thanks for the concern...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...