Thread: Sedgefield/Swartvlei

Hybrid View

Default Sedgefield/Swartvlei

Has anyone fished Sedgefield and the vlei recently? The mouth has been closed for a while now, far as I know. Interested to know if anyone has been any action during the warm weather spell of the past week?

I fished there a week ago. targeting grunter.
    Many tails around but very skittish and to make it worse is that shoals of mullet also inhabit the areas where Grunter feed and when your line lands scares the hell out of the mullet and they bolt off the banks to deeper water with the Grunter following suit but in about 5 minutes they are back. Also saw big Garrick smashing into the mullet on the edge of the banks.

But they are there and patience will be needed to get grunter, the Garrick on the other hand will be easier and I am sure you will land a few.

Good luck
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Much appreciated, thanks Brian!

I didn't get there weekend past, but if the good conditions prevail might make a mission this weekend coming.

I am also heading to Swartvlei Lake on the 20-24th, and never been there before.

I was wandering whether I can try my luck with my fly rod and/or whether it will just be better to take some spinning gear with.

I will be staying at the Baywater Village, so I hope I can target something from the banks over there?

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    I am also heading to Swartvlei Lake on the 20-24th, and never been there before.

I was wandering whether I can try my luck with my fly rod and/or whether it will just be better to take some spinning gear with.

I will be staying at the Baywater Village, so I hope I can target something from the banks over there?
    Hi All

Was wondering if anyone has fished Sedgefield recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk