Thread: How are the river boytjies coping?

Default How are the river boytjies coping?

It gives me great pleasure to announce that apparently rivers have been closed for the season and that luckily there wont be any pictures of matchbox or palm sized trout that will be posted posted everywhere...

How are you guys coping 😂😂😂😂....are you gonna mope around the house or dust off the heavy artillary and actually go catch a proper trout? 😂😂😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Already dusted off the big (shot)guns.......to go collect some feathers.....for tying up trout flies!
    Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Scullery

i'm guessing DJR, your stach of cdc running low?
    (just have to add, besides the 12 and 20 gauge, i miss the 410 most)

4. Default

We don't have a closed season
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hahahahaha damn Mario you guys just have it awesome year round hahahahahaha...

The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by emjaysmit View Post
    Hahahahaha damn Mario you guys just have it awesome year round hahahahahaha...

Sadly no - very few fish left after the drought. Will take a while to get back to "normal". Lucky we have some so-so stillwaters around.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Sadly no - very few fish left after the drought. Will take a while to get back to "normal". Lucky we have some so-so stillwaters around.
    Think its been bad all over...ever where there werent any drought....temperatures were sky high...places have been stocking like crazy even in dullies close to us have seem void of fish all together...Bird of Prey trophy dam closed down...

But luckily the cold is causing the fish to go potty....

Quote Originally Posted by emjaysmit View Post
    It gives me great pleasure to announce that apparently rivers have been closed for the season and that luckily there wont be any pictures of matchbox or palm sized trout that will be posted posted everywhere...

How are you guys coping ��������....are you gonna mope around the house or dust off the heavy artillary and actually go catch a proper trout? ����������

Its only the CPS rivers that are closed for a few months. Its not like all river fishing stops. Those who know where to go will still get some great river fishing through the winter. There are a few tricks to use...If you know where to go, and what names to drop, you can still find some spots... until you get caught, that is....
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Its only the CPS rivers that are closed for a few months. Its not like all river fishing stops. Those who know where to go will still get some great river fishing through the winter. There are a few tricks to use...If you know where to go, and what names to drop, you can still find some spots... until you get caught, that is....
    Dont we just love name dropping Andre 😂😂😂😂...atleast we are not nearly as bad as we used to be when we were still lighties....no one and no rule says no to a schoolboy that wants to fish 😂😂😂