Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portable Fly Tying Station II

Wiets Banned User

Default Portable Fly Tying Station II

Here is version 2 of the Portable Fly Tying Station. Although it is close to what the final product will look like, there are still a couple of minor issues which we need to sort out - the stainless steel railing system needs to be higher, a system for a table clamp vise needs to be found, etc. In this sample, the dowels for the thread bobbins still needs to be inserted.

Although this was not my initial intention, I few people suggested that I sell these Fly Tying Stations - others asked for a price. What are your thoughts on this? What would be a fair price?

I would think something in the order of R400 Wiets.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

The new version looks simply stunning! You'll soon get an idea if you are going in too cheap or too expensive once you market it. Let the market dictate
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

HI Wiets,

LOOKS good, but my personal opinion: I would prefer to have space in the middle with tools stored around the edges. Maybe it's just me but this setup has too much in my face to make it look cluttered and I would battle to look down on the fly with all that in the background. Just my opinion though.

Good luck with it.
    G.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Wiets that looks great , let me know when they ready I'll buy one , as I need to sort out my desk very very soon.

cheers

Tyronne

hi wiets
    being a portable station, i think it's damm good. having tied some flies this evening while my wife was sewing, i tied at the table she was using so we could talk, and looking at my stuff lying around now, it's a great idea, i can put a piece of paper behind the vice to help seeing the fly better. make a fair profit and you will win.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    HI Wiets,

LOOKS good, but my personal opinion: I would prefer to have space in the middle with tools stored around the edges. Maybe it's just me but this setup has too much in my face to make it look cluttered and I would battle to look down on the fly with all that in the background. Just my opinion though.

Good luck with it.
    G.
    hi grant
    sorry, for some reason i got a memory warning when going back to your post.
    my prob not yours. good comment, trying to keep costs down, think mine is ok?
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Wietz

It look bloody good. I'll happily shell out R400 for it.
    My wife and I would then stop arguing about who get the table when she's scrapbooking and I'm tying flies.

Cheers

I like...

I like a blank space behind the fly so my eyes dont stress soo much. I could easily make a plan:
    Paper behind the vice...
    Adjustable arm on the vice with a white board attached....

I still like very much and would gladly purchase one.

Keep us up to date.
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

hi Wiets

the station looks really good, i think they will sell like hot cakes at a reasonable profit margin. Myself i have alway wanted to buy one but other flyfishing equipement always received preference.

well done!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1