Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LED Fly

Good point! If Shelton used one in the Adderley St fountain, he might electrocute the kids playing in it as well.

what if you used one of those "shakable torches" as the Rod Handle, then while false casting you where actually charghing the small hearing aid battery

Blog Entries

Get a battery strong enough and you will be able to electrofish with the fly.....
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

well, the prawn pattern you will be recieving in the salt flyswop gives off an electrical current when fished in the salt. will ask the tier if he has any suggestions on the led idea.
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Default led fly

rols is right when he commented about my electric prawn which i tied for the 13 club / i don't know if you know about the nobility of metal's in a salt solution ,but the fact is two different metals in a salt solution act like a battery and give off a voltage ( and hope in my prawn pattern works.i have tried to make the prawn as realistic as possible with some spark / lateral line etc. so you are the guinea pigs ) stainless steel / zinc give approx 0.8volts in a salt solution .thats one cell and if you multiply the cells in series like a battery you can increase the voltage ,run a led etc.
    it's like the lemon and anode cathode we learned at school ,we have the solution (salt water ) now its how you insulate the battery,led in the sea to make the led work ,a little light in dark place is a lot of of light .
    we have stainless steel the hook / weight zinc / make sure they don't short circuit ( insulate ) put it into salt solution and you have a battery!
    give it some thought

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/I...radeId=4139309

maybe that is how this thing works?
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

I know marlin 'light up' when they're in aggro predator mode but this takes the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    I know marlin 'light up' when they're in aggro predator mode but this takes the cake!
    you now thinking of tying a fly that imitates a Marlin???? ... trying to catch a Killer Whale?

flywhaling.jpg
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 1