Thread: balloch

Default balloch

hi i'm going to drakensberg in april and will most likely end up at balloch i have read up a bit but almost all the info was from 2012
    any more recent info will be great

Phone the owners as they are knowledgeable anglers. I have not been back since the drought took hold but there is always the dam to fish.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cameronlochner View Post
    hi i'm going to drakensberg in april and will most likely end up at balloch i have read up a bit but almost all the info was from 2012
    any more recent info will be great
    Fishing has been tough with the stream being almost completely dry for a period of time. We've had good rains over the past few weeks, and the Willow/Vlooikraal is flowing well again. Fishing will be tough, but the fish populations have picked up again since Sept last year. We've had a few spawns, so you will find fish I'm sure! Don't discount Burnbrae just below - there are good holding pools which would have held water (and fish) over the driest of times.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

thanks guys i'll report back