Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J Vice

Default J Vice

Hi Guys

I'm contemplating to buys myself the J-Vice. Its seems like a very good buy, quality material and well thoughts out features. With all my accessories it will set me back R2000. Anyone on here using it ?

Ive been burning to start tying some saltwater flies, aspecially those balsa poppers. I was in at a hobby shop the other day and found balsa and loads of stuff i can use. I was also looking at an airbrush to whip up some nice effects on the poppers.

Cheers
    Last edited by Pierre; 04-07-07 at 06:01 PM.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm contemplating to buys myself the J-Vice. Its seems like a very good buy, quality material and well thoughts out features. With all my accessories it will set me back R2000. Anyone on here using it ?

Ive been burning to start tying some saltwater flies, aspecially those balsa poppers. I was in at a hobby shop the other day and found balsa and loads of stuff i can use. I was also looking at an airbrush to whip up some nice effects on the poppers.

Cheers
    Hi Pierre

The J-Vice for R2000 with accessories? That sounds like like a bargain - tell us about this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Pierre, this topic has been beaten to death, I'm a little disapointed in you...

But my comment is that you cant beat the Rensetti Traveler... R1500.00, check it out before you splash your cash...
    Hi Pierre,

Here is the thread
    http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...ighlight=jvice

If you are going to spend that kind of money on a vice then have a look at the Renzetti Presentation 2000 as well.

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Guys

Cheers
    Pierre, I spoke to Jay Smit at lenght about the entire production and manufacturing process in Rhodes this year. The vises are really well made, but I don't like that goose-neck on the vise.

The Renz on the other hand ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hey Gael!

What's that vice that Lawrence Waldron makes that you were looking at? I think it was a Snowbee?

You guys should check that one out. It's the Baby brother of my future vice. Not sure of price but it should fit in there with the Jvice and Renzetti prices.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

It's called the Snowbee Waldron Vice, it was designed by Lawrence Waldron of the Law vise fame and manufactured by Snowbee.

http://www.sexyloops.com/tackle/snowbeewaldron.shtml

Spoke to Hans Weilenmann and the vice will be included on his 2007 vice review (see link http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/hwvise/ for the 2006 review), he was pretty impressed with the vice, looking forward to his vice review coming out. If I'm not mistaken, the LAW vice was origianally designed for Hans before it was decided to make it available to the public.

I saw on TCFF that the Peak vice is finally being imported to SA though if they over price it then it’s not going to sell compared to the Renzettis
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Dad is giving me his J Vice as he says it is completely wasted on him. The only proviso is that I keep him supplied with flies. Sounds like a good deal to me (I think ).

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Pierre, this topic has been beaten to death, I'm a little disapointed in you...

But my comment is that you cant beat the Rensetti Traveler... R1500.00, check it out before you splash your cash...
    Hey Pierre

Remember when buying any product, to compare apples with apples. The J-vice is great ! In my opinion comparable to the renzetti master , when comparing features.

I have tied with the renzetti master and j-vice and settled for the j-vice. I bought the lot, tube fly,midge jaws, standard jaws and both necks all for R3000.
    If you were to buy the comparable in renzetti you would easily drop R6000 and up, considering the extras you get standard with j-vice.

Keep in mind that the renzetti traveller and 2000 series only tie on hooks from 28 to 4/0. I am able to tie on 8/0 & 10/0 gamakatsu's and even size 28's.

I honestly love the tubefly attachement and urge anyone in the market for a vice to consider buying the tube fly attachement.

Hope this helps..also supporting local industry by buying j-vice!!

pura via

[QUOTE=PezVela;30437]Hey Pierre

Remember when buying any product, to compare apples with apples. The J-vice is great ! In my opinion comparable to the renzetti master , when comparing features.

I have tied with the renzetti master and j-vice and settled for the j-vice. I bought the lot, tube fly,midge jaws, standard jaws and both necks all for R3000.
    If you were to buy the comparable in renzetti you would easily drop R6000 and up, considering the extras you get standard with j-vice.

Keep in mind that the renzetti traveller and 2000 series only tie on hooks from 28 to 4/0. I am able to tie on 8/0 & 10/0 gamakatsu's and even size 28's.

I honestly love the tubefly attachement and urge anyone in the market for a vice to consider buying the tube fly attachement.

Hope this helps..also supporting local industry by buying j-vice!!

Hi PezVela
    do you know roughly what a standard J vice rig would go for. Always liked them
    Cheers
    Roland
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    do you know roughly what a standard J vice rig would go for. Always liked them
    Cheers
    Roland
    http://www.jvice.com/

R1800 listed on website but I would first check with Jay
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast