Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealth deep red 9 piece

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I personally wouldn't own one though...all those section must affect the blank's action, and put too many "dead" spots in the blank. The more sections, the "stiffer" the rod becomes and the more "flat" spots it WILL have.

There's no denying it...take the same blank...one or two pieces. Cast it...then take a 9 piece blank, and cast it. Feel the difference.
    For example...if you take a 2 piece rod, break it into 9 sections. Then join those 9 sections with small ferrules of metal, wood, graphite or other blank sections. It will NOT cast the same anymore.
    Hey...might be better, who knows...if the blank was too "noodly" to start off with!
    Sooooo, when are you building your 1st one-piece - Hehehehehe
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Sooooo, when are you building your 1st one-piece - Hehehehehe
    The day I forget my rods at home, when arriving at the stream....
    Willow tree taper!!! haha

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The day I forget my rods at home, when arriving at the stream....
    Willow tree taper!!! haha
    Actually, me & Neil have been talking about this, the absolute best option would be for a 1-piece rod - but, the discussion would bore the crap out of 99% of the members ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12