Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: drop shot fly fishing

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    Andre, do you really think that trouties are a bunch of snobs? Or is it that we subscribe to a largely unwritten code of behaviour and a sense of respect and even love for our chosed quarry. And yes, we are all concerned about the protection and continued existence of our favourite sport, or whatever you may wish to call it. The 'tradition' and 'snobbery' is mainly seated in accepted rules of conduct and I am of the opinion that in the main, most members of this forum subscribe to that unwritten code, whether they know it or not. Please note that I am not saying we all are or should be a bunch of stiffs. Have respect for the trout you wish to capture, and even more respect for the environment in which we find them, for that most certainly is a diminishing gift.

And another thing, I do not consider yellows any cleverer than trout. In fact, they are all equally thick of skull and tiny of intellect. I am convinced that it is fishermen who so liberally endow fish with cleverness, cunning and other contriviances when we are unable to catch the buggers. They know where to feed, what to feed on, how to get away from danger and how to procreate. And that's about it.
    Great stuff! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    oh andre andre andre,
    please don't reply to this post, but it's always you and figjam who persist in posting "stuff" that pi$$es off the international visitors. This country needs all the positiveness we can muster.....and then you do it again. eish!
    Ok, won't respond at all, I understand, it's your ball and you will say who plays
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ok, won't respond at all, I understand, it's your ball and you will say who plays
    PS My congratulating Harry on an excellent piece of writing was not out to offend any other guys etc etc, I think - maybe know - there is serious international-quality brain on this forum- and I'm proud to be part - even if my brain's only a minimal part!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    PS My congratulating Harry on an excellent piece of writing was not out to offend any other guys etc etc, I think - maybe know - there is serious international-quality brain on this forum- and I'm proud to be part - even if my brain's only a minimal part!
    None taken, not by me anyway. I also thought Harrys piece was brilliant. I personally would have said it with a little more provocation, but then Harry is probably just a really nice guy, unlike me
    I was taking a dig at someone else and Rols just gave me the perfect opportunity to do so, thanks Rols.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Default ???

What did I miss
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

Quote Originally Posted by Deneys View Post
    What did I miss
    The start of the 21st century

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    I could not agree with you more Chris. Harry's knowledgeable views and opinions on all matters fishy, especially with regard to conservation issues have impressed me immensely from the beginning. Guys like you and Harry and Jasper are absolute gems on this site and it would not be the same without your brilliant contributions, which are always delivered with much wisdom, humour and wit. With no disrespect to any of the other contributors, I personally look up to you guys as the three wise men on here! The thing I really like about you guys, is that you bring a bit of the tradition of fly fishing into the site which is absolutely awesome! We need more of that please! Please keep it up guys, it is really great stuff!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 24-07-07 at 06:09 PM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Default Was busy Fishing

The start of the 21st century
    I know was to busy fishing to notice
    Last edited by Deneys; 24-07-07 at 07:17 PM.
    NOTICE :

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice
    is not worth noticing thank you for
    NOTICING

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    None taken, not by me anyway. I also thought Harrys piece was brilliant. I personally would have said it with a little more provocation, but then Harry is probably just a really nice guy, unlike me
    I was taking a dig at someone else and Rols just gave me the perfect opportunity to do so, thanks Rols.
    Thanks, keep up the good work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123