Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Dullstoom

Another good thing to try is a #12-14 white death, tandemed with a #16-18 olive, black or brown flashback nymph. Or even normal nymphs will work (short slow and a quick pull on the retrieve, aswell as figure 8). A speed cop fished (figure 8 and short pulls) around rocky and gravel beds on a floating line usually produces well. Try it and Gook luck.
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Another good thing to try is a #12-14 white death, tandemed with a #16-18 olive, black or brown flashback nymph. Or even normal nymphs will work (short slow and a quick pull on the retrieve, aswell as figure 8). A speed cop fished (figure 8 and short pulls) around rocky and gravel beds on a floating line usually produces well. Try it and Gook luck.
    Thanks, this is e type of fishing I am more inclined to!

But may resort to WBs when the mates arrive, we having a little 'comp' and it always get competitive! Haha
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

hehe, the good ol olive WB on a sssssssssssssstttttttttttrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiippppit retrieve is always deadly but you might have to resort to that other method if the fish are in pomping mode
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Suspend an egg patten roughly 2m below the most subtle indicator you've got, with a small nymph another 45cm below that.

If you havent had an enquiry after 1 minute, retrieve roughly 1m of line in reasonably quickly to get the egg and nymph to rise before slowly sinking again.

Works pretty well on pressured stockies in spawning mode.
    Check your knots!

Just got back from a lovely week at Millstream...

Initially fishing was tough because of cold weather, but from Friday onward it warmed a little and the fishing got considerably better.

What worked:
    Floating line: white death with a small zak or PTN 30cm below,
    egg and a small nymph 30cm below
    Hammils killer slowly through weed
    Sinking: Wooly bugger with an egg tied behind,
    Olive wooly bugger
    Orange fritz all of the above fished deep and slowly or a double handed retrieve
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4