Thread: Fringe Lurex Yarn

Wiets Banned User

Default Fringe Lurex Yarn

Another interesting yarn is the Fringe Lurex Yarn from Ice. This material also have a sparkle due to the Lurex weaved into the thread. The last photo shows it palmered around a hook. You can buy this and many other kinds of yarn at Paradise Yarn.

yes thats the stuff i was going to post a while back. the fibres are shorter than the sample you sent with the fly stations, and i have caught trout and bass on this pattern. all i'm saying is that the material is usable and you get a whole lot on a roll, the colours are also stunning, and oh yes mommy can knit a scarf out of the leftovers i'll find my pics and post them
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

The Americans call this Boa Yarn and there is a well known pattern called a Boa Yarn Leech. I think it would be a good stillwater trout fly.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.