Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jungle Cock

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Wiets, if you get hold of some live Jungle Cock, speak to me China. I know the perfect person to take care of the breeding and cultivation thereof for you.
    ... and who would that be? Not you perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    ... and who would that be? Not you perhaps?
    Nope, close but not quite.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Nope, close but not quite.
    OK - tell me more.

will pm you
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

The use of Jungle Cock feathers in stillwater patterns in the UK have exploded over the past few years. The majority of sample flies that I get from English, Scottish and Irish anglers contain two JC cheeks. They swear by it.

About fifteen years ago these capes were readily available, but rarely used. Then they became almost impossible to get and now they are readily available again, but very costly. Keep in mins that you will only really use the very small feathers on a cape and it is similar to a normal cape in the sense that there are only so many small feathers on a cape.

If anybody finds a cheap source, then please give me a shout.

Cheers
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    The use of Jungle Cock feathers in stillwater patterns in the UK have exploded over the past few years. The majority of sample flies that I get from English, Scottish and Irish anglers contain two JC cheeks. They swear by it.

About fifteen years ago these capes were readily available, but rarely used. Then they became almost impossible to get and now they are readily available again, but very costly. Keep in mins that you will only really use the very small feathers on a cape and it is similar to a normal cape in the sense that there are only so many small feathers on a cape.

If anybody finds a cheap source, then please give me a shout.

Cheers
    MC
    I know Mias in Joburg had a couple of capes (I'd have rated them second grade) a year or so back - they were a 'regular' brand and not any top-notch stuff - forget the company they had bought them from - but were definitely cheaper than the trendy brands - that much I remember. As you know, the trouble is the 'split ends' with these cheaper capes, but these can be remedied smearing on Flexament or Veniards Floo Glue. Otherwise guys like Sportfish and Veniards sell premium and second grade - but at a price for a few feathers! I noted the Czechs painted on j.c. imitation dots onto some of their drop-lead flies?! I'm sure you also know that Jassid imitation that just uses one j.c. feather tied as a 'back' on the fly?

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    I know Mias in Joburg had a couple of capes (I'd have rated them second grade) a year or so back - they were a 'regular' brand and not any top-notch stuff - forget the company they had bought them from - but were definitely cheaper than the trendy brands - that much I remember. As you know, the trouble is the 'split ends' with these cheaper capes, but these can be remedied smearing on Flexament or Veniards Floo Glue. Otherwise guys like Sportfish and Veniards sell premium and second grade - but at a price for a few feathers! I noted the Czechs painted on j.c. imitation dots onto some of their drop-lead flies?! I'm sure you also know that Jassid imitation that just uses one j.c. feather tied as a 'back' on the fly?
    Hi Chris

No, I do not want to buy Jungle Cock - I'm thinking of breeding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Hi Chris

No, I do not want to buy Jungle Cock - I'm thinking of breeding them.
    You're going to look like Noah's Ark with this lot on your yacht? Presume breeding pairs? **** help you if you go that route on polar bears, caribou, and jackal as well??!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.