Thread: Deer Pelts

Wiets Banned User

Default Deer Pelts

Here are 2 of the deer pelts I imported recently. The first photo shows a Reindeer pelt - nicely tanned, the hair is smooth and soft. On the other hand, the Albino leather is tough, the hair is thick and coarse - almost like bristles. The hair length varies from .5" to 3" depending on where you measure on the pelt. For reference, the floortiles measure 400 x 400 mm.

Deer hair freebies will be given out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Here are 2 of the deer pelts I imported recently. The first photo shows a Reindeer pelt - nicely tanned, the hair is smooth and soft. On the other hand, the Albino leather is tough, the hair is thick and coarse - almost like bristles. The hair length varies from .5" to 3" depending on where you measure on the pelt. For reference, the floortiles measure 400 x 400 mm.

Deer hair freebies will be given out shortly.

Hi Wiets
    before everyone floods you with request, please give me a brief desription of how these are used-sorry if its a stupid question but i am trying to understand a little better. or maybe a link to a picture,
    hope not to much hassle.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Wiets Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Hi Wiets
    before everyone floods you with request, please give me a brief desription of how these are used-sorry if its a stupid question but i am trying to understand a little better. or maybe a link to a picture,
    hope not to much hassle.
    Have a look at this website. You can tie all sorts of flies - also search Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiets View Post
    Have a look at this website. You can tie all sorts of flies - also search Google.
    Cheers Wiets appreciate it.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Cheers Wiets appreciate it.
    nic
    we will get together this week again and will take a tour of the deer etc route if you available. tomorrow seems good weather for a casting session when you get off. give me a shout
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.