Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Welcome Sardyntjie, if you use the search function on the forum home page toolbar and type in DeMond, you will find all that has alredy been written about this venue.
    thanks Herman .
    Fishing is what makes retirement something to look forward to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sardyntjie1 View Post
    Hi , I am new to fly fishing , having decided in December to give it a go.Havent done enough to say its successfull or will be successfull but will give it a full go once I have more time.I am planning a weekend getaway for myself and 6 mates in March at de mond.Will need some advice regarding that please.I will be taking regular anglers and there will be only two of us doing fly fishing.
    welcome. the guys on hear will help you with everthing from rods,reel flys any venue info they have it all a wealth of knowledge at the click of a mouse
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    welcome. the guys on hear will help you with everthing from rods,reel flys any venue info they have it all a wealth of knowledge at the click of a mouse
    Thanks man.I have had a few throws whilst there was still good weather in the cape and do prefer saltwater , and have not broken my duck on a fly rod yet . I have a 8/9 weight floating line and 5/66 weight inttermrediate.Have had a few throws at De Mond and Veldrif as well as Wittsands , and nothing yet.I always ttend to go back to bait fishing where I have reasonable success.Thats why I need some assistance.
    Fishing is what makes retirement something to look forward to.

Hi there,

My name is Leonard and I'm not sure if I'm addicted yet. (Sneaking off to the bog with a Fly Fishing mag in hand is more than likely a sign that I'm getting there.)

Anyway, I've been Fly Fishing for about 5 years, almost exclusively fresh water. My wife (bless her) and I have just put in an offer for a holiday home at Glenmore Beach. I joined this forum as I intend focusing a lot more on salt water and the guys here seem truly clued up and always keen on helping.

Cheers,

Leonard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567