Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sockeye and other interesting things

Gogga Banned User

Default Sockeye and other interesting things

Well, at long last the fish have arrived, went out yesterday to the pit river on a jet boat, with a mate of mine. Got that bloody Sockeye that's been eluding me - a few Chinooks as well as coho or two.

Anyhow here is a pic or two

All the best
    Mike
    Last edited by Gogga; 16-02-11 at 08:54 AM.

Awesome Mike, well done mate! So these are recent sea-run fish I take it?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Gogga Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Awesome Mike, well done mate! So these are recent sea-run fish I take it?
    Hey Chris,

Yea - I'd estimate that they have been in the river for less than three days.

All the best
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post
    Hey Chris,

Yea - I'd estimate that they have been in the river for less than three days.

All the best
    Mike
    Looks like it. That fish is very silver. Nice size, must have given you a hell of a rev? How far inland is that?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Gogga Banned User

Chris,
    Must be about 20 ks from the sea, and yes it was all over the bloody show - cartwheeling and trying to spit the fly - at first I thought it was a Coho the way it was behaving - but I was really surprised to find it was a sockeye.

All the best
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post
    Chris,
    Must be about 20 ks from the sea, and yes it was all over the bloody show - cartwheeling and trying to spit the fly - at first I thought it was a Coho the way it was behaving - but I was really surprised to find it was a sockeye.

All the best
    Mike
    Awesome Mike....Eish, I need to experience that feeling again. Suffering from serious fishing blues at the moment. Thanks for the report.

All the best
    Chris

absolutely beautiful silver fresh-run fish!!! .... makes my mouth water!! ..... congrats!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Now that looks like fun
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Beauty fish Mike. Now, I always thought that sockeye had the pronounced humps on their backs, or have I confused species?

niceely done mike
    love the music on that clip in the end when he gets the fish. lovely size
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.