Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Rastaman

Ok, this may shock you guys, but i'll say it anyway.

Poaching has been since time in memorial and poaching always will be. Fact is, poaching is kinda fun and exciting, it adds another dimension to the adventure that hunting trout in itself sometimes lacks. I know, I have done my fair share of it. I have but one criticism of the poachers who are regularly being encountered on the streams; If you are going to do it, do it right, for f....sakes! DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!! This is the cardinal rule of poaching,... you guys should know that! If not, go back to school, and don't collect R200!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Default food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Ok, this may shock you guys, but i'll say it anyway.

Poaching has been since time in memorial and poaching always will be. Fact is, poaching is kinda fun and exciting, it adds another dimension to the adventure that hunting trout in itself sometimes lacks. I know, I have done my fair share of it. I have but one criticism of the poachers who are regularly being encountered on the streams; If you are going to do it, do it right, for f....sakes! DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!! This is the cardinal rule of poaching,... you guys should know that! If not, go back to school, and don't collect R200!
    Quite a contriversial post Chris.....

I believe in doing as want others to do unto you. I'm sure you still get ticked off when you encounter poachers on a cps beat.....
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Fact is, poaching is kinda fun and exciting, it adds another dimension to the adventure that hunting trout in itself sometimes lacks. I know, I have done my fair share of it. I have but one criticism of the poachers who are regularly being encountered on the streams; If you are going to do it, do it right, for f....sakes! DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!! This is the cardinal rule of poaching,... you guys should know that! If not, go back to school, and don't collect R200!
    Ah poaching, brings back fond memories of dodging the greenkeeper while catching bass on the PE Golf Course. Spotlights on, backie roaring after us, dogs barking, as we made our escapes, fish in hand. The good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    Quite a contriversial post Chris.....

I believe in doing as want others to do unto you. I'm sure you still get ticked off when you encounter poachers on a cps beat.....
    Absolutely! this is why I say, do it at your peril if you will. If you get caught, be prepared for the consequences.

Having said this, one thing I won't do is poach on a booked beat. I will admit to poaching many private waters and CNC waters though. Most of the older guys have and still do I am sure. Lets not all act goody two shoes here.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8