Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would I need for a Madagascar trip?

Thanx for all the info so far guys. It sounds like saltwater in the warmer water's can get allot more technical than I thought. I will mainly want to go for GT's and other smaller species. I will have sinking and floating line on a 12# only for this trip. I am thinking more on the lines of go large or go home! I really don't want to come back with a story of I lost the big one! Have a look at this http://www.madagascarislandsafaris.co.za and then you can see where I will be going. I read a article in the Getaway/Weg about this area and there was allot of comments on the do and don'ts for this trip. One of the don'ts was to not forget your fly-fishing gear!! ;o) Maybe I am just to excited about this, but who cares.

We will be sailing to the less inhabited islands by day, where we will be sleeping in tents on the beach at night. Lets just hope SWAMBO will let me fish as often as possible!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing!
    ~ George Bernard Shaw ~

Hi Chris

Sounds lekker boet - I'm jealous.Hope you find some good fish while you are over there.

Default Goiing in December

Hi Chris
    I would like to hear how your trip went!
    I'm goiing to La Petite Traversee,Sainte Marie,to Ile Aux Nates in December 2007
    and I have excactly the same questions you had before you went. I am also thinking of getting a fishing ski over there - any thoughts??

Deon

Hi Deon

I went to the area around Nosy Be island and did the island hopping thing on a dhow. There are plenty fishable spots around. I took a 8/9 and a 10/12 weight rods and lots of clousers in sizes 1/0 to 6/0.

I caught some baracuda's,spanish macrell, bonito, some squid and alot of tropical fish I do not know the species of. They are still loads of fun to catch from the rocks. Sadly I did not manage to take pics of the fish cause my "waterproof" camera got wet. So much for gadgets...

Hope this helps you. Ask one of the locals to braai the bara. ITs flippin awsome!

Some pics
    Last edited by chriss; 12-10-07 at 01:55 PM.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing!
    ~ George Bernard Shaw ~

Gee ! I see you got mighty tanned holding that fish !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2