Thread: Yellowfish Paradise

Default Yellowfish Paradise

Hi ,

Havent chucked a fly for yellows in a long time . Going to vissit Yellowfish Paradise on Saturday . Wondered if anyone has been there recently ?
    Are the fish in the rapids yet and what flyz , techniques ect would be required at this stage . Any help out there PLZZZZZZZZ ?

Thanx
    AJP .

There is lots of rock snot all a long the Vaal in general which makes fishing very unpleasant as it sticks to your flies and line causing one to clean it after every cast/drift. The water temperature is back below 10 degrees with cold front approaching so the fish will still be holding in the deeper, slower spots. I would say the temp should at least be 14 degrees before it is worthwhile hunting the rapids. I reckon another 2 weeks should do the trick for the water temp but the snot will remain a problem.
    No PAIN No Gain

Howdy, if you have a watercraft (boat, kickboat etc.) you cam go upstream about 500 - 1000m, just past the bottom ridge of the old Fish Eagle. There is a pool off the Gauteng bank that is fairly deep and still. If there is a hatch coming off try a dry and dropper ( para adams & unweighted mayfly nymph ) combo or you could use Chris Williams' "washing line " method. Search the forums for it, it has proved to be quite effective.
    Good luck for Saterday and please give us some feedback.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Thanx guyz ,

Going to give it a try anyway . Hope to catch something and I will let you know what happened .

Andy .