Thread: Greetings from Graeme Field

Default Greetings from Graeme Field

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone and introduce myself to Fly Talk members. I have recently been chatting to Philip and have agreed to become involved in Fly Talk.

I am based (most of the time!) in Cape Town but spend a large part of my year travelling and guiding in the fly fishing world. I will be posting some catch and travel reports from the various destinations that I fish, and will hopefully be able to offer some advice and info to the members. I will also soon be posting a series of fly fishing articles on a bi-monthly basis - these are to include a series on starting out in the saltwater, some fly patterns that have worked well for me over the years, as well as profiling some saltwater species caught on fly.

As you may know, saltwater fly fishing is what does it for me, and this is the facet of our sport that I wil be concentrating on.

Unfortunately with my travel commitments I will not be able to be online too often, but please feel free to send me any suggestions for articles or information that you would like to see on Flytalk website - and I will do my best to offer some (hopefully wortwhile) advice!

You may have noticed the Liquid Horizon adverts on flytalk - unfortunately I am having some problems with the web designers and it is taking longer than expected. Please bear with us and I should hopefully have the completed site up and running shortly.

Talking of Liquid Horizon - I will be teaming up with Philip and Fly Talk to bring you some exciting flyfishing trips next year. We are in the process of finalising these and you will be the first to know what is on offer!

I will be in touch and I look forward to chatting to you all on the forum in the future.

All the best and tight lines

Graeme

Blog Entries

Welcome Graeme
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

great to have you on board.im sure we are all going to benefit from your experience.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Welcome Graeme......looking forward to your saltwater stuff! If you ever want to get to grip with our streams, give me a shout
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Welcome Greame and hope to read from your articles and get some input from you with regards to saltwater fishing.

Well Done on that nice monster GT which you caught, awsome fish
    Last edited by cptfly; 28-08-07 at 06:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Dibs coming along on your next trip!!!

Wellcome Graeme
    Everytime someone like you join, this site just becomes more informative! I hope I get a taste of a GT like that on my trip to Madagascar! Nice fish!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing!
    ~ George Bernard Shaw ~

Welcome Graeme - great to have you on the site.Looking forward to seeing the trips you will be offering.